Potato Leek Soup Dairy Free

Dairy free potato leek soup. 

Since I've developed an intolerance to dairy products, I've been missing some of my favorite soups so I began looking for recipes for making potato leek soup without dairy.  There are a number out there so I kind of combined several and came up with this one which worked nicely. 

2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup diced onions
1 cup diced leeks
2 cups of diced potatoes (I used small red potatoes that I happened to have on hand.)
1/2 cup water
1/2 to 1 cup of almond milk
salt and pepper to taste

First I sauteed the onions and leeks in the butter until the leeks were soft.  About 3 to 5 minutes.
Sauteing onions and leeks in butter. 

I diced the potatoes and added to the onion and leeks along with 1/2 cup of water and cooked until potatoes were soft.
Diced small red potatoes.  I leave the skin own. 
Add potatoes to the onions and leeks and cook until potatoes are soft. 

In my blender I added the mixture and blended until smooth.
Blending until smooth. 

I put the mixture back into my saucepan and slowly added the almond milk until the desired consistency was achieved.  I like my a little thick so I used about 1/2 cup almond milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Adding almond milk until desired consistency reached. 
Read to eat with chives from my garden as garnish. 

I would never have known that there was not regular milk in the soup.  The consistency was perfect and the taste divine.  It is comforting to know that I can still have creamy soups without cream or milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment