Tablescape for Table for One

A pretty fall tablescape.


Since my husband passed away this past March, I have found it sad to sit at the dining table by myself.  I usually just fix a plate and go in the TV room and sit by the TV to have dinner.  I've decided though that I am going to begin sitting at the dining table if it is only me there.  And I deserve to have a nice tablescape as well.  Today I took out some things I had on hand, and after a trip over to Sur la Table to pick up a few things I had all the makings for a pretty fall tablescape. 
Lazy Susan covered with tea towel and Acuba arranged in flower pot.
Small mum to add in center of flower pot.


I chose a Westmoore Pottery flower vase made by David Farrell as the main feature of the arrangement.  After placing a row of Acuba leaves from my garden around the periphery of the vase I added in the middle a little potted mum that I had picked up at Trader Joes for $4.00.  I wrapped the Lazy Susan in the middle of the table with a green tea towel with leaves; I already had this. 
Leaves on the tea towel.


The pumpkin scatters that I picked up at Sur la Table can be used another year so this was a good investment since I got these on sale.   Our Cryptomeria tree in the back yard drops leaves about this time of year, and many of them have streaks of orange that fit into my color scheme. 
Cryptomeria leaves from back yard.




Pumpkin scatter from Sur la Table.


The terra cotta colored napkin that I have fits in nicely, especially with the new little napkin ring that I also got on sale at Sur la Table. The pretty plate by Westmoore Pottery goes nicely and to add a bit of humor I thought the little orange fox mug would fix in nicely and would be perfect for my cup of hot cider. 
Terra cotta colored napkin fits right in my color scheme. 




Pretty Westmoore Pottery plate.
Pretty little fox mug just right for my hot apple cider. 



A pretty table setting for one.


I will have folks in for Thanksgiving and this tablescape should work well then.  I might have to replace the little potted mum with some fresh flowers and add some fresh Acuba leaves but everything else would be perfect.  I will likely add candles for the table at Thanksgiving.  In the meantime, I can sit down to a pretty table even if I am the only one to enjoy it. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Pat. It's beautiful! You are so good at decorating. I wish I had some of your talent.

    ReplyDelete