Glazed Carrots A Festive Side Dish

Glazed carrots. 
I like carrots in all forms: raw in a salad, in spaghetti sauce, in potato salad, to crunch on as a snack, but over the holidays I prepared glazed carrots as a side dish for a fancy dinner.  They are so easy, and almost everyone likes them.

I chose carrots of about the same size.  Actually I bought these already with the leaves and peelings removed.  So very, very easy to prepare.
Carrots with leaves and peelings removed. 

I boiled them until semi-tender.
Boiling carrots. 

Then I melted some butter (about 2 tablespoons) along with 1/4 cup of maple syrup.  I transferred the carrots over to this pot and coated them well with the glaze. I cooked them about 5 minutes in the glaze.  I like them not overcooked so they were perfect as a side dish with a bit of fresh thyme sprinkled on top.  They added a lot of color to the plate.

Butter and maple syrup. 

Glazing the carrots. 
Ready to serve. 

Don't you think they make a colorful and healthful side dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment