Not My Mama's Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet potato-peach-cashew bake. 

Growing up my mother almost always made sweet potato casserole---the one with the marshmallows on top--- for Thanksgiving, and I had continued this tradition until this year.  I discovered a sweet potato-peach-cashew bake recipe in Better Homes and Garden, and I believe I've started a new tradition for my obligatory Thanksgiving sweet potato dish.

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cashews, salt, and ginger; set aside. In a 1 1/2 to 2-quart baking dish layer half the sweet potatoes, half the peach slices, and half the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
  2.  Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven 30 minutes, stirring once. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Spoon cooking juices over potatoes and peaches before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

I prepared this a couple of days before Thanksgiving and placed it in the refrigerator.  It was ready to pop into the oven for dinner on Thanksgiving.
Out of oven and ready to serve. 

This was my favorite dish at dinner today, well second best, oyster stew was my very favorite. Yes, this recipe is a keeper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment