Meyer Lemons in January

Lemon Parfait.

I'm always happy when I see Meyer Lemons for sale in the early winter, and this week I grabbed a bag of them at the grocery.  Meyer Lemons are a cross between a regular lemon and a mandarin orange and are a wee bit less tart than the regular lemon.  Before deciding how to use them, I replaced the Christmas centerpiece in the dining table with the Lemons and oranges.  The pretty yellows and oranges brighten up cold winter days.
A sunny centerpiece of Meyer Lemons and oranges. 

As it would happen, I fortuitously received an email from my favorite food blogger https://www.italianbellavita.com/2017/02/mini-meyer-lemon-parfaits/ with a recipe using Meyer Lemons to make a lemon parfait.  You can check out the recipe on her blog.
Meyer Lemon parfait. 
I was expecting guests on Sunday, so I made these for our dessert.  I used small dessert bowls rather than the mini parfait glasses that Roz used.  For the cookie crumb layer, I used Trader Joe's Meyer Lemon Cookie Thins

A bouquet of yellow flowers on the table added a sunny ambiance to the day.

Meyer Lemons certainly can brighten up a cold winter day!

No comments:

Post a Comment