A New Twist to Chicken Salad


I poached 4 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on) until the internal temperature on an instant thermometer registered 165 F.  I removed the skin and bone and sliced the chicken.  Trying to use some ingredients I had on hand, I toasted about a cup of walnuts and sliced 1/2 cup of dried plums (also known as prunes) and added these to the chicken.
Toasting the walnuts. 
The plums. 
The sliced chicken. 
Chicken with walnuts and dried plums. 
For the dressing, I used about 1/2 cup of sour cream, about 3 tablespoons of Duke's mayonnaise, several grinds of fresh pepper, 2 tablespoons of curry powder, and to thin the dressing I added a splash of balsamic vinegar.  After tasting I added a bit more curry powder.  As you can see, I really don't have a strict recipe for this because I didn't really measure most of the things but just added until I had the taste I wanted and the consistency I wanted. 
Adding more curry powder to the dressing. 
Served on a bed of lettuce from my garden. 
I've been following Chef Mohr's Cooking Classes online, and I am becoming more willing to experiment and in some cases not follow a recipe but use what I have and develop my own recipe for a dish.  I'm having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment