Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart


Tomato and goat cheese tart.


I had some goat cheese I wanted to use and I found this recipe for a tart.  I took the ingredients (except for pastry) with me to Peggy Jean's and she and I made this.  She had a prepared pastry.
Ingredients.



One prepared pastry
4 or 5 tomatoes
3 teaspoons dried rosemary
4 eggs
4 to 5 ounces goat cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Oil a 10 inch tart pan and add a  prepared pastry.
Line tart pan with pastry.


Slice tomatoes and arrange in concentric circles in bottom of tart pan.

Add tomatoes.


Beat the eggs and pour over tomatoes.
Pour eggs over tomatoes.


Crumble the goat cheese into small pieces and spread over the tomatoes and eggs.
Sprinkles goat cheese on top.


Sprinkle with rosemary and olive oil.


Add rosemary on top.


Bake in 350F oven for 30 or 40 minutes until brown on top.
Out of oven.




Let sit for about ten minutes before serving.
Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.


This is also good at room temperature or cold.
Ready to eat.




Enjoy!


The original recipe called for spreading Dijon mustard on bottom of pie crust before adding other ingredients, but I forgot to do this.  I have made it with the mustard and it is better when the mustard is used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment