Quick Lunch: Pan Seared Salmon


Pan seared salmon with capers.


I had a lot of good seafood when I was in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia recently, but now that I am back home, I still have a hankering for seafood.  I found this very easy recipe from allrecipes.com and had a delicious and quick lunch today.


4 (6 oz) fillets salmon (I used only two.)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of capers
1/8 teaspoon salt (I omitted the salt, the capers are salty enough for me)
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 slices of lemon


1.  Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. (I used my cast iron pan.)
Preheat cast iron skillet.


2.  Coat salmon with olive oil.  Place in skillet and increase heat to high.  Cook for minutes.

Salmon fillets coated with olive oil.
Pepper, capers and lemon.


3.  Sprinkle salmon with capers, salt, and pepper. 

Sprinkle with capers.


4.  Turn salmon over and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned.  Salmon was done in about 3 minutes.
Cook other side until browned.

5.  Transfer salmon fillet to plate and garnish with lemon slices. 

Ready to eat. 




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment