A Kitchen Tip When Using Butter


I've not been blogging here lately, because my husband is ill and I spend a lot of time caring for him.  So I've not done a lot of cooking. I did want to share a little trick I've learned when I store my butter so it will be easy to use when needed.

When I take a quarter pound out of the package and before I peel the paper off, I score the butter along the lines that are marked "tablespoon". When I remove the paper, I can slice down along the scored marks and voila I have 8 tablespoons of butter ready when I need them.
8 tablespoons of butter.

I find that often a recipe calls for 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter, so I have them ready.
Two tablespoons of butter in the pan ready to cook.

Whenever I have folks in for dinner, I put individual butter pats at each place so each person will have his own butter.  The little cubes of 1 tablespoon each, fit perfectly into a butter pat.
One serving of butter in a butter pat ready to set at each place for dinner.
If a recipe calls for 1/4 cup of butter, you just need to remember that's 4 tablespoons or 1/2 cup is 8 tablespoons.  1/3 cup is roughly 6 tablespoons.

Just a little tip that I've learned now that I am learning to cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment