When Life Gives You Lemons......


Gingerbread Trifle
Well life gave me cranberry gingerbread that wouldn't come out of the pan, so I made a gingerbread trifle.  This sticky cranberry gingerbread I've made successfully in a regular baking pan, but I decided I would make two small round gingerbreads using my six-inch cast iron skillets.  What cute little Christmas gifts I thought.  I did grease the pan, but probably I should have used parchment paper in the bottom as well, because when done the gingerbread would not come out of the pan in once piece.  It was so tasty, and I thought this can't be wasted.
The gingerbread came out of pan in pieces.
I often make trifles particularly during the holidays.  So why not a gingerbread trifle I thought.  Whipping up a vanilla custard was quick and alternately layering the bread and the custard made for a lovely dessert.  As it happened I had a bit of the cranberry sauce leftover. Fresh cranberry sauce is an ingredient in the gingerbread.  Voila,this makes for a nice topping, no?   Notice I have not included whipped cream.  Although, it could be added when served.  Three friends are joining me for dessert this afternoon. 
Vanilla custard. 
Freshly made cranberry sauce on top.
Ready to eat.  

I've tried it and it is delicious!  By accident I have created a new recipe to add to my recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment