|Blueberry, Poppy Seed Lemon Cake.|
Blueberry, Poppy Seed, Lemon Cake
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (195 grams)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
For the filling:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, drained on paper towels
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
For the glaze:
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons whole milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. In large bowl, beat 2/3 cup sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and egg; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, poppy seed, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream. Spread batter over bottom and 1 inch up sides of greased and floured pan, making sure batter on sides is 1/4 inch thick.
- In medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients; spoon over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool slightly. Remove sides of pan.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough milk until glaze is of desired drizzling consistency; blend until smooth. Drizzle over top of warm cake. Top with a handful of fresh blueberries, if desired. Serve warm or cool.
|Cream the sugar and butter.|
|Mix the dry ingredients.|
|Mix the filling.|
|Batter in pan.|
|Out of the oven.|
|Ready to eat.|