Semi-Homemade Beef Pot Roast with Vegetables

Pot roast with vegetables.


This is not a Semi-Homemade Recipe from Sandra Lee of Food Network fame, but all my idea.  Our son-in-law who spent his childhood in England is fond of pot roast and usually I make a pot roast from scratch.  However, I discovered a fully cooked Morton's of Omaha beef pot roast at Trader Joe's that works well when you want a pot roast dinner in a hurry.  I served this once to Anthony, never told him it hadn't been cooked from scratch, and he raved about it.  I try to keep one of these in the fridge or freezer in case I have unexpected guests. 

Heat and serve beef pot roast from Trader Joe's. 


This morning  I rounded up the vegetables I had on hand, potatoes, carrots, onions, and picked up a rutabaga and a parsnip from the grocery store. 
Cooking the vegetables and adding seasoning.
I cook the vegetables in beef stock (or water) and the gravy that comes with the cooked pot roast from Trader Joe's.  While the veggies are cooking I cut the pot roast into chunks and heat that in a separate pot.  When the vegetables are partially cooked, I season them with oregano (you could use any seasoning) and add them to the warm pot roast.  I let this simmer until the vegetables are done, the pot roast is hot, and the flavors have melded. 
Heating the pot roast that has been cut into chunks. 


Add vegetables to pot roast and let simmer until vegetables are done.
Ready to eat. 


Add a salad and some hot rolls and dinner is ready in less than an hour.


Disclaimer:  I am getting no kickback, not even a free pot roast, from Trader Joe's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment