If I Can Learn to Blog, so Can You!!!



The OLLI program at North Carolina State University recently offered a course "Writing About Food", and I was asked to give a presentation for one of the classes on "Blogging About Food".  I realized that I was going to have to learn Power Point and a little sixth grade neighbor of ours taught me or helped me make a slide show.
My first slide.







 I was quick to tell the group that I was a novice blogger that took my own photographs (with my Iphone) and I did not have a food designer unlike the beautiful presentation that had been given a week early by Sara Foster about writing a cookbook. Foster has a professional photographer and food designer and her slides were gorgeous.  (I thought "Boy, I have to follow her." )
Foster's latest cookbook (Photo from Sara Foster's Website.)


I must say that I had fun learning a little bit about Power Point and making the slide show.  I was a bit worried about the presentation because I had not taught a class in 15 years, and I had never given a Power Point presentation.  It went okay except for a few glitches in the beginning but the attendees were patient and realized that I was a true novice at Power Pointing.   In the end, I enjoyed it very much, and I hope they did too.
My last slide.


Answering questions after class ended.


I'm so impressed with the class offerings by OLLI* that I am going to join and take some classes


* "The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at NC State provides non-credit short courses, study trips, and special events for adults aged 50+. Topics are wide-ranging in the liberal arts and sciences, and we emphasize learning for the joy of learning. Programs range from one-time lectures to six-week courses, and we provide many opportunities to connect with others who share your interests. Most of our courses are held at the easily-accessible McKimmon Conference & Training Center. We were founded in 1991 as the Encore Program for Lifelong Enrichment, and we are proud to be now part of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Network, a group of programs that receives support from The Bernard Osher Foundation" from the OLLI Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment