|Lemon Lovers Triflle.|
Lemon pound cake (We used a ready made lemon loaf cake that we found at Ingles) cut into cubes.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (We used frozen lemon juice.)
1 box Dream Whip
3 cups very cold milk, divided
2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
2 cups fresh sweetened shipped cream
Lemon slices for garnishing (We used strawberries.)
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat the sugar and lemon juice together. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved then set aside to cool.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer whip together the Dream Whip (Use both envelopes.) and 2 cups of cold whole milk. Whip for 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
3. Add both packages of lemon pudding and the remaining 1 cup of whole milk. Whip for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
4. Divide the cake in half. Begin with a layer of cubed cake on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Brush with 1/2 of the lemon syrup. Add a layer of lemon cream and 1/2 of the whipped cream.
Repeat with cake, brush with lemon syrup, lemon cream ending with whipped cream.
5. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint if desired. (We used strawberries.)
6. Chill thorough for at least 4 hours prior to serving.
|Making lemon syrup.|
|Layer of cubed cake in bottom of trifle bowl.|
|Lemon cream ready to layer.|
|Peggy making whipped cream.|
|Topped with whipped cream and garnished with strawberries.|
|Ready to eat. So delicious.|