Closed on Tuesdays: My New Cookbook


My friend Jeanette recently gave me a new cookbook, Closed on Tuesdays published by Beaufort Grocery Company that includes some of their favorite recipes.  The Beaufort Grocery Company is one of my go-to places to eat whenever I'm in Beaufort so I was eager to try out a recipe of theirs. This recipe for Shrimp with Coconut-Pineapple Curry really filled the bill. 

The recipe.  I omitted the cayenne pepper and the cilantro. 
Saute the onion. 

Add spices
Add coconut milk and pineapple.
Blend sauce. 
Saute the shrimp. 

Ready to eat.  
I served this over Jasmine rice.

I like a mild curry, but I am not fond of hot curries but hot sauce or cayenne pepper could be added for those that do.   There was quite a bit of the curry sauce left over, and I think it will be great as a dressing for a salad.  Or perhaps I will try this over poached salmon or poached chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment