Dutch Baby Oven Pancake

Dutch baby pancake out of oven topped with blueberries and lemon curd. 

A recipe recently in Parade magazine, the insert in the Sunday News and Observer, intrigued me because I like pancakes and this is a unique kind of pancake.  I'm not very good at making regular pancakes so I thought this might be easier, and it is!!!  Laura is the one in the family who makes delicious blueberry pancakes, the regular kind.  This was easy though and it is delish.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup milk
  • ¾ cup flour
  • 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
  • ½ tsp salt
  • large eggs
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 4 Tbsp butter
  • ¾ cup fresh blueberries
  • 2 tsp powdered sugar
  • Mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
  • ½ cup lemon curd

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
  2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth.
  3. Place butter in a heavy, ovenproof 10- to 12-inch skillet. Place in oven 3-5 minutes or until melted. Remove from oven. Swirl pan to coat with melted butter. Pour batter into pan. Bake 17-20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove from oven; sprinkle with blueberries. Sift powdered sugar over top. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired. Serve with lemon curd.

KITCHEN COUNTER

Serves 4-6.
The ingredients ready to mix together in the blender. Easy. 
Melted butter in pan.
Batter put into pan. 

Out of oven, all puffed up.
I topped the pancake with frozen blueberries and lemon curd. 

Ready to take out of pan. 
Ready to eat.  I topped with a dollop of ricotta cheese because I had no whipped cream. 

Laura makes the best blueberry pancakes I've ever had and I don't dare make regular pancakes for her, but I will make this for her one day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment