Learning From The Chef and The Farmer

The Chef and The Farmer (Photo from their website.)
I went back to The Chef and The Farmer a second time for dinner, this time with Laura and Anthony.  By trying different items on the menu, I hope to pick up some hints on how to use different flavors in my cooking.  I have her cookbook too, and that is going to be helpful.  Of course, I really don't need an excuse to have dinner there, it has become my favorite restaurant in the area.

We tried two different shares.  All photos in this post by Anthony Benson. 

Cheese ball with three different cheeses and homemade crackers. 

GUILFORD MILLS GRITS | fried broccolini, fondue, warm bacon vinaigrette
We each tried a different large plate.
Anthony had the SUNBURST TROUT | root vegetable puree, fried turnips, charred citrus, gremolata -
Laura had the BRITTANY RIDGE PORK CHOP | farm apple mostarda, turnip green gratin
And I had the NORTH CAROLINA DRUM | spaetzle, collard chowder, pepper relish, cornbread crumble
For dessert we sampled three different desserts.  Yes I know, but I for one couldn't resist.
ICE CREAM OF THE DAY  was citrus and buttermilk sorbet, (top left.), RICOTTA DOUGHNUTS | lemon curd, citrus supremes, pomegranate , and WARM BROWNIE PUDDING | peppermint ice cream and bark (lower left.)

I've picked up some ideas and I'll be back for more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment