Linda Watson's Orange Broccoli Salad

Broccoli, Orange Bowl (Photo by Linda Watson, Cook for Good)
I follow Linda Watson's Cook for Good and recently she posted a recipe for broccoli that I made as a side dish for dinner the other night.   Check out the recipe here




I cooked the broccoli florets in the microwave briefly so that they remained bright green but weren't raw.




I diced candied orange slices to add to the broccoli.





To the orange juice and cornstarch I added slices of green onions to make a dressing to pour over the broccoli.






I didn't have any fresh or candied ginger so I added a bit of ground ginger to the dressing. 


Just before serving I added the cashew nuts.




This can be served chilled (as I did for the dinner) as a side dish or a salad, or it can be served warm over quinoa or rice.



I heated the leftover broccoli and served over Trader Joe's rice medley.   This dish is great served either way.




Another one of Linda Watson's recipes that are tasty and healthful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment