Cookies for a Snowy Day



Over Christmas I made about 8 batches of different kinds of cookies, and this recipe was the favorite of one of my grandson's.  He called them Snickerdoodles, but I found out these are not actual Snickerdoodles.  More about that in another blog. I found this recipe from  Heather Cristo's Blog


Milk Chocolate, Toffee and Smoked Almond Cookies


Ingredients:


1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (I omitted this because the almonds were salty.)
1/2 cup salted roasted smoked almonds, chopped
10 ounce bag milk chocolate chips (I used a 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chips.)
8 ounce bag of toffee pieces


Instructions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a sheet pan with parchment or silpats.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar.
Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix well.
In a separate bow, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and combine well.
Add the almonds, chocolate chips, and toffee and combine well.
Scoop cookie dough onto the prepared sheet pans and bake at 35 for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and let the cookies cool on a rack.


Preparation time:  10 minutes


Cooking time:  12 minutes in my oven. 







No comments:

Post a Comment